Monday, April 18, 2011

I've Decided

I've decided that comments of stress humor between trusted friends cures a lot.  Like chippy students looking for a challenge at the end of a Monday, or one's own kids turning up their nose at what's for dinner.  And what that doesn't fix, chocolate can. 

Today I saw a most fabulous quote by Tom Stoppard posted at the end of a dear friend's email, "Words are sacred.  They deserve respect.  If you get the right ones in the right order, you can nudge the world a little."  This is the present problem.  My "inner Sherry" is utterly inspired by this concise, just-right verbiage about which I agree, totally.  (How's that for not really the right words?)  But my call of duty to "Mommy-ness" is all about nudging a 5th grader to finish some math. 

I've decided that as it's only a Monday and near bedtime, it is time to reconcile that this rotation of energy has been expended.  Another path will be trod tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Civil dialogue with signed comments welcome!