Saturday, March 5, 2011

Babies

Recommended to me by one of my students, and then purchased for my Sociology class, the documentary "Babies" is for anyone even a little interested in cultures or a tad bit intrigued by tiny human lifeforms.  It's a quick-moving, beautiful, intriguing, endearing, funny film  .  .  .  Peacefully playful music and wonderful contextual scenery surround four global age-mates in Mongolia, USA, Namibia, and Japan "from first breath to first steps." 

My two daughters (2nd & 5th grades) watched it with me last night, and Bay (the little one) is viewing for a second round at this very moment.  Now, I should put out there one caveat, that you need to consider your family's comfort level regarding which topics at which ages.  A couple of the births are shown, but tastefully, and there is a lot of breastfeeding. 

"Babies," by Alain Chabat -- Universal; 2010

BEAUTIFUL!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Civil dialogue with signed comments welcome!