Sunday, February 27, 2011

Weekend

Saturday was time for the lengthy un-do-ing of the old 'do atop Anna's crown, and washing with special olive oil shampoo and deep-conditioning.  With family pictures in two weeks, she agreed for a simpler design right now since we'll rework it fresh in just 14 days.  Having her hair pulled up and back from her face so nicely highlights her cheekbones and eyes; so, I went for a quick and easy on-the-fly five ponytail pattern, using french braids to fashion the top/front hair back from the forehead before binding it up into the puffs.





I awoke Sunday morning feeling "on the wrong side of the bed"-- clowds in the sky, sinus pressure and swollen lymph nodes in my head/neck, a lot to do to be ready for the new week (my first week back to school!) -- but we paced ourselves.  I quietly prioritized my chores; it turned out to be alright. 

The afternoon found the girls in a bit of artist's heaven  .  .  .



And having found Hunt & Bay's old Leap Pad, I made available to Jameson a new, electronic (!) way to review phonics.  (He did some web sites weeks, ago, but the novelty wore off after enough repetitions.)



Hunter in sloth bliss!



Need I say more?


Yeah, we actually facilitated the kids' whole checklists -- from homework, to lunches, to toy clean-up, to "ISAT is tomorrow" talk.  It wasn't all leisure, but my organizational freakishness does serve a purpose -- it buys us much-needed time for restfulness, playfulness, abstract-randomness!  Oh, the curse and the bliss of a Mommy who's a creative, type-A hybrid. 

20 minutes until teacher nigh-night time  .  .  .  clothes are already ironed, and alarm set -- all so I could sneak a few minutes of blogging fun to clean out the ol' brain. 

Balance is good.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Civil dialogue with signed comments welcome!