Monday, September 5, 2011

To LIGHT, to Guard, to Rule, to Guide, Amen.

Cold watermelon and mango soup flavored with fresh ginger juice, chopped mint leaves, honey, and lime juice.  All kids tried it at dinner tonight; one asked for thirds.

Starbucks bags of ground coffee (my new love is decaf Verona bold roast) are on sale at Target in the grocery aisle -- buy two, get a $5 Target gift card (to use on next Target trip), AND when each bag is empty, you can bring it into the Target Starbucks and get a free tall-size hot beverage  .  .  .  that comes out to an excellent bag of coffee for a little over 2 bucks.  And y'all know how I am about my decaf Starbucks.

Chad's second go at Haitian pate (seasoned ground meat baked in puff pastry), and this time he made each piece larger and used ground chicken, which showed off nicely the fresh green onion and "ground spices."

Hm.  I think we may have eaten our way through this weekend  .  .  .

Except that I ALSO had some fab calls with four wonderful gal-friends.

And I pushed Anna and Bay to try to put the clean sheets onto their beds themselves, and not only did they give it a valiant effort (bunk beds are tough!), but when the task was seeming to defeat them, they accepted my advice to work together on it.  Job done -- without me touching those beds once in the process, and without a single pout (from the girls either).

I think the Lysine, Wild Mediterranean Oregano, probiotic capsules, wild Alaskan salmon oil pills, ibuprofen, and Mucinex might possibly keep the raging innards of my head and neck from turning to something too serious.

OH, and we got rain.

And a thermometer reading lower than the temperature of Hades.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Civil dialogue with signed comments welcome!