Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Date: Wednesday, January 12, 2011, 4:24 PM

This email is from my mom, who is presently in northern Haiti for a month to help rebuild a convent:
(And definitely another post for which to mute the music  .  .  .)

"Dear friends and family, I write this with a very heavy heart, this being the first anniversary of the quake. Things are solemn here. All are experiencing grief and at the same time hope. I met a young man last night, 15-16 yrs. old who showed me his chest and side from the quake. His whole chest cavity and one side were covered with very deep scar tissue. All I could do was rub his scars and wish him well.

All schools and businesses are closed. At 4:55 all will stop for a moment of silence and a prayer. We will be attending mass at 6:00 tonight in remembrance of all those that lost their lives and the MANY that have been displaced and injured. PLEASE keep all of us in your prayers. My emotion runs so deep that I really can't explain it. Not for me but for those who live with the results on a daily basis."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Civil dialogue with signed comments welcome!