Friday, January 4, 2013

Tea and a Bagel


Thursday, October 18th, approximately 7:05 am.  We're all readying ourselves for a school day. 

A stove burner is on "low."  I inquire, a bit concerned.  Anna replies, "I'm making tea."  "Okay," I say with a sense of curiosity and caution.  (The kids don't really use the "real" stove, yet.) 

I rustle around the pantry looking for oatmeal when the female middle schooler informs me, "Mom, I'm making you breakfast."  Amused, a bit curious, and peacefully overjoyed, I close the food closet and sit at the counter. 

A pumpkin spice bagel, toasted and buttered, and a beautiful cup of decaf mint tea with a touch of real sugar.

Need I even say it?  Anyone out there have a teenage daughter?  Anyone out there bring an older adoptive child into your family?  Out of bed, ready on time, cleaning up after herself thoughtfully, and MAKING BREAKFAST FOR ME. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Civil dialogue with signed comments welcome!